Coverage for Vision Care
- annual eye examinations for patients under 20 years of age and patients 65 years of age or older
- major eye examinations for all patients with medical conditions that affect the eye such as infections or diseases such as diabetes
- routine eye examinations (once every two years) for you and your family if coverage under OHIP is not available
- assistance with the cost of prescription eyeglasses (once every three years) for you, your spouse and your children under 18 years of age
- assistance with the cost of eyeglass repairs for you, your spouse and your children 18 years of age
In order to receive financial assistance with the cost of prescription eyeglasses, contact your local ODSP office or caseworker and ask for a Vision Care benefit authorization form and take this form to your optometrist or optician. The Vision Care benefit covers prescription eyeglasses up to a maximum amount. If you choose to get more expensive lenses or frames, you will need to pay the difference directly to the optometrist or optician.