Inner City Health Associates (ICHA) a group of more than 80 physicians working in over 44 shelters and drop-ins providing primary, mental health and palliative care is currently seeking a Medical Director (up to 30 hours a week) to join their Leadership Team.
The role has oversight of all physicians, medical teaching and education, participation in selected research projects and promoting professional collaboration and decision-making between all of ICHA’s professionals including nurses, family physicians, psychiatrists, specialists and homeless care providers.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, and working in concert with the Director of Operations, the Medical Director is responsible for implementing the strategic directions in relation to the delivery of medical services, in an effective and efficient manner, and for supporting the effective and efficient operations of ICHA.
Specifically the position is responsible for:
- Ensuring the delivery of quality medical services, programs and practices that are consistent with professional and best-practice standards of care
- Promoting the organization’s mission and vision
- Implementing the strategic priorities identified in ICHA’s strategic plan with specific accountability for those priorities which relate to the delivery of medical services, and the requirements of ICHA’s Alternate Payment Plan
- Credentialing and annual reappointment processes for medical staff with St. Michael’s Hospital (SMH)
- Developing recruitment and retention plans for physicians
- Creating an environment that supports creativity and innovation in the delivery of patient care services
- Providing clear and decisive leadership to medical staff that is inclusive, engaging and collaborative, that attracts supports and that develops top talent and encourages a culture of teamwork
- Maintaining a positive work culture that embraces creativity, innovation and contributes to staff engagement.
- Earning and maintaining respect of staff, stakeholders and the Board
- Maintaining positive and meaningful relationships with appropriate organizations in the community
- Supporting the Director of Operations in representing ICHA to the MOHLTC, Ontario
- Medical Association, City of Toronto, Local Health Integration Networks, ICHA clinical sites and other committees/ task groups as necessary
- Physician in good standing in one of the content areas of ICHA (i.e. Family Medicine,
- Psychiatry, Community Medicine or Internal Medicine)
- Appropriate professional college, CPSO and CMPA memberships
- Ability to obtain hospital credentials at St. Michael’s Hospital
- Effective leadership skills
- Exemplary communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated organizational and management skills
- Experience in working with marginalized populations will be strongly preferred
- Past medical leadership roles and past clinical practice with populations served by ICHA will be considered as assets
- Willingness to practice at one of the ICHA sites
- This role will continue to evolve to meet the needs of the organization and the membership of ICHA
- This position is remunerated on a contract basis, billed hourly (up to 30 hours a week) through the ICHA Alternative Payment Plan.
If you are interested in the position please reply with your C.V. and cover letter in confidence no later than Monday March 19, 2018:
Attention: Medical Director Selection Committee - Inner City Health Associates
Inner City Health Associates is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and clients feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know.